Here are some of my favorite resources; things that inspire me and bring out my creativity or my sense of purpose or just give me something new to think about. I’ll be updating the list often as I discover new things to share.
I hope you find a new treasure or two here.
BOOKS : Non-Fiction
- Bird by Bird – Anne Lamott
- The Artist’s Way – Julia Cameron
- Linchpin – Seth Godin
- Finding Your Own North Star – Martha Beck
- Steering By Starlight – Martha Beck
- Improv Wisdom – Patricia Ryan Madson
- Switch: How To Change When Change Is Hard – Chip Heath & Dan Heath
- Seeking Peace: Chronicles of the Worst Buddhist in the World – Mary Pipher
- Marry Your Muse – Jan Phillips
- The Splendid Table’s How To Eat Supper – Lynne Rossetto Kasper & Sally Swift
- The Writing Life – Annie Dillard
- Poemcrazy – Susan Wooldridge
- Writing Down The Bones – Natalie Goldberg
- The Geography of Bliss: One Grump’s Search for the Happiest Places in the World – Eric Weiner
- Wreck This Journal – Keri Smith (as well as her other books)
BOOKS : Fiction
Note: Many of these are children’s books. (Partly because most of my reading time is spent with children under 10 these days) That doesn’t mean adults can’t enjoy them too. Besides, a lot of kids fiction reinforces the ideas of creativity, independent thought, kindness and gratitude- I’ve found that harder to find in adult fiction- but I’d love some suggestions!
- The Dot – Peter H. Reynolds
- Ish- Peter H. Reynolds
- Where The Mountain Meets the Moon – Grace Lin
- The Big Orange Splot – By Daniel Pinkwater
- A Prayer for Owen Meany– John Irving
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Series – Douglas Adams
- http://www.marthastewart.com (I just can’t help myself)
- http://www.sethgodin.com (Subscribe to his blog)
Got a resource you’d like to share? Email me!