So, if you’re on FB at all, there is a meme going around where someone is assigned a number and must share that many things about them that people may not know. When someone else likes the status, they get a number from the person who shared and so and so on and so on. Yesterday a friend was assigned the ridiculous number 35, so she broke up her sharing into three posts over two days. By the third post, I sort of forgot the rules and she had shared some really cool things so I made the mistake of commenting on the final post and was assigned the number 29. Since I had to write a post anyway today, I figured I’d kill two birds with one stone. I hope you don’t mind indulging me.
Without further ado, here are 29 Things You May Not Know About Me:
1. I stopped celebrating my birthday many years ago. Instead I celebrate the anniversary of my 29th (coincidence?) birthday. Consequently, I’m sometimes a little fuzzy about exactly how old I am.
2. I make some of the best french fries in the world – and they are baked not fried.
3. I totally kick-ass at air hockey.
4. I sang in a rock band in high school.
5. I am named after my grandfather (Reginald).
6. I don’t have a middle name.
7. My favorite author is Anne Lamott. My younger daughter’s middle name is Annie after her.
8. I collect children’s books- particularly picture books.
9. I worked for The Jim Henson Company in Los Angeles. Some people work for the man, I worked for the frog.
10. Growing up I collected puppets and wanted to work for Jim Henson. I was not a puppeteer when I worked for the company.
11. I love snow. I particularly love walking on snowy streets at night.
12. My undergraduate degree is in Anthropology and my Master’s is in Film and Video.
13. During college I spent three summers working as an archaeologist.
14. My least favorite subject was always history.
15. I wanted to be a marine biologist and study dolphins when I was growing up.
16. I once managed a NASCAR store.
17. I am afraid, seriously afraid to fly. I do it anyway.
18. I’ve been a full vegetarian since 1998. I gave up red meat in 1991.
19. I’m a Unitarian Universalist. I grew up Catholic, but being a UU feels like it’s where I’ve always been meant to be.
20. I have Buddhist leanings but wouldn’t call myself a Buddhist.
21. I miss living in a city where I could walk everywhere.
22. Macklemore’s Same Love makes me cry every time I hear it. “No freedom ’til we’re equal, damn right I support it.”
23. I backpacked through Europe for a couple of weeks after graduation. The most life-changing part of that trip was visiting the Berlin Wall.
24. When I was a child, I loved John Schneider (from The Dukes of Hazzard). In high school my boyfriend arranged for me to meet him after a concert. John was charming and kind and I was enthralled even though my crush on him had long passed.
25. I’d love to be in a Broadway musical.
26. One of my dogs was written into a NY Times Best Seller novel. I had no idea until I read the book.
27. I can change a tire and drive a stick-shift.
28. I watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade every year. Every. Year.
29. I love to eat popcorn with butter and M&M’s.
This is day 21 of the National Blog Posting Challenge.